Think you’re Stellar material?
We are always looking for outstanding engineers who want to change the world! Take a look at our current opportunities below and apply online to become part of our elite team. Don’t see the perfect fit? Not to worry, our needs are constantly changing and we still encourage you to fill out our general application.
2020 Summer Internship Program
Stellar Solutions has summer internship positions available in northern California (Palo Alto area), Colorado (Denver area) and northern Virginia (Washington, DC area). Candidates for internship positions must be U.S. citizens who have completed at least their Undergraduate Junior year with outstanding academic credentials, and with some exposure to one or more technical areas in the field of aerospace engineering. Such technical experience and/or areas of interest might include space and ground system architecture planning, operations concept definition, software development, technical analysis, flight operations, risk management, satellite operations, launch systems integration, spacecraft subsystems including attitude control, and system integration and test. Candidates must be team players with above average communication skills. Candidates must also be self-starters with demonstrated initiative and the ability to drive a task to completion. Interns are expected to provide their own lodging and commute transportation.
Thank you for your interest in our Internships! Our 2020 internship application process is now underway. Please click on the Internship Application button to apply.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: Springfield, VA
Summary of Role: Individual will be leading a small team of engineers and technicians designing and producing mechanical systems solving critical national security problems in a very fast paced environment.
Job Description: Successful applicant will have excellent theoretical and practical knowledge of engineering design. The applicant will work with other experienced engineers to take innovative engineering solutions from conceptualization through prototype development. The applicant will be involved in all aspects of product development including conceptualization, design, analysis, supplier development, and prototype production and testing in a cross-functional team environment. Responsibilities will include product design, engineering analysis, production drawings, and fabrication of prototype hardware.
Your 1-year deliverable: Concept, design, fabrication, testing and working prototypes
- Minimum six (6) years’ experience in a Mechanical or Systems Engineering role or related discipline
- Experience with a solid modeling CAD program, preferably Solidworks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to prepare written training documentation
- Project lead for hardware deliverable that was successful
- Candidate must possess an active TS/SCI security clearance
- Experience with electro-mechanical systems, automation, robotics, and/or sensors
- Ability to use Finite Element Analysis (FEA) tools
- Software development experience
- Systems engineering and integration experience
- Professional Engineer’s (PE) license
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering (Masters preferred)
Ground and Cyber System Engineer
Location: El Segundo, CA
Summary of Role: Cyber/Crypto lead supporting a range of Prototype programs at the Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center supporting programs in remote sensing, communications and navigation.
Job Description: Provide systems engineering support to the initial program design through execution to include:
- Structure and Use of Risk Management Framework processes and cyber accreditation packages
- Begin with DoDI 8510.01 and then flow down/identify Cyber control requirements and provide categorization and using these categorization/overlays, then define control selection)
- Develop and oversee DOT&E cyber test (blue/red team tests)
- Track and manage all crypto keys for the directorate
- Develop Security Classification Guides, Program Protection Plans and other cyber documents as needed
Your deliverable: Developed cyber security requirements and certifications packages for a range of programs in the early phases of development. Successful delivery moves these programs on to fielding.
- Development experience on new program efforts
- Experience using the Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- B.S. or equivalent experience in an engineering discipline
- CISSP certified (Preferred)
- Previous experience on ground system design (preferred)
- Minimum of a DoD Secret clearance
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Summary of Role: We are looking for a talented Systems Engineer to support a satellite developer for a critical new system. This satellite will support our Nation’s need for security and you’ll be a part of a team building this next generation vehicle.
Job Description: Provide systems engineering support as part of the systems engineering team; responsible for the coordination and monitoring of the evolution of system and subsystem level requirements, the evolution of interfaces between subsystems, the early cross-subsystem deliverables and contributing to the detailed planning of system and subsystem verification. You will also contribute to the detailed planning of system integration and commissioning.
Deliverable: Make a difference providing high impact support towards critical National Security products.
- BS in engineering (e.g., Aerospace, Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, Optical)
- Working knowledge of Remote Sensing processes and customer
- Direct experience authoring and releasing specifications
- DOORS user and architectural experience and proficiency with high level programming/scripting
- Four or more years of professional experience working as a Systems Engineer
- Experience with design integration, preferably on a satellite or payload
- TS/SCI clearance and Special Programs access
Senior Systems Engineer/Site Director
Location: Greenbelt, MD or Washington, DC metro area
Summary of Role: As part of an exciting and inspired team, we are seeking a self-motivated Senior Systems Engineer / Site Director who will be responsible for directing a team of dedicated engineers across a wide range of space projects based at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. In addition to your leadership responsibilities, you’ll be a contributing engineer in end-to-end implementation of significant scientific programs that will be used in the exploration of our solar system.
Job Description: You’ll administratively report to the Vice President for Civil Programs and programmatically to the program systems engineer. Beyond day-to-day technical support, you look after our team in place and manage the development of customer relationships as well as the development of business opportunities in and around NASA Goddard.
Your efforts will include:
- Being a member of the engineering team of a flight or ground systems engineering project performing systems engineering, integration, and/or test at or for NASA or NOAA.
- Tasks focused on performing classical systems engineering functions, such as requirements development, verification & validation, test planning, systems engineering analyses, risk assessments, operations planning, as well as other technical disciplines
- Interacting with other teams to develop and apply systems engineering policies, practices, requirements, plans and schedules and work will be done across a spectrum of disciplines on tasks with government and non-government agencies.
- Managing, directing, and mentoring company staff in the execution of work assignments for federal government contracts. Assist with work leveling and sharing across different projects and client needs.
- Assisting with strategic relationships for on-going satisfaction and with customers and business partners
- Participate in pursuing new business activities with existing customers/partners and new clients that lead to new project opportunities for engineering services and strengthen our positions at NASA and/or NOAA.
- Supporting occasional technical proposals and work with our internal team and/or teaming partners on proposal generation.
- Ensuring the implementation and follow-up strategic goals in order to reach company objectives. Communicating up/down with the company leadership team and technical staff under your direction
One Year Deliverable: Participation in a new NASA/NOAA space program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related technical discipline; Master’s or PhD degree in similar disciplines preferred.
- Wide-ranging experience and knowledge in one or more of the following areas: systems engineering, aerospace engineering, project systems engineering, or electrical engineering.
- Demonstrated experience supporting or leading engineers in the development, test, and/or operation of a complex spacecraft, flight system, project system or instrument payload.
- Extensive knowledge of industry and government practices and standards across a range of applications related to system engineering discipline, space mission operations, and NASA missions.
- Proven record of business and client development and/or lead generation.
- Excellent written and verbal communications with a high capacity to work in team-oriented and collaborative manner.
- Must be a self-motivated individual who can work independently and in a team environment.
- Requires occasional availability for domestic travel.
- Secret (and above) security clearance a plus
Product Assurance/Quality Engineer
Sector: Commercial Sector
Location: Southern CA and East Coast
Summary of Role: Seeking a talented ‘hands on” Product Assurance / Quality Engineer to support various aerospace satellite programs. Must have experience in the Space Industry.
Job Description: This is an ‘as needed’ position; may be called upon to perform a 4 to 8 hour day’s work once or twice a month depending on need from customer. Expected to be flexible with availability with 5 to 7-day notice. Majority of work entails visiting suppliers’ facility, typically in California, to inspect hardware and appropriate production paperwork.
- Experience performing hardware inspections of high reliability satellite components.
- Experience with sophisticated electromechanical devices, microwave and RF components a plus.
- Knowledge addressing non- conformances, and corrective actions.
- Understanding of pre-ship reviews.
- Emphasis on hands-on inspection of electrical and mechanical components, including PCB/PWBs, TWTs, solar array drives, and propulsion components.
GPS Ground User Equipment Acquisition Support Engineer
Location: El Segundo, CA
Summary of Role: The position provides a unique opportunity to establish and execute a new Air Force defense program that will insure GPS accessibility to the warfighter.
Job Description: Provide defense program, acquisition and engineering management to support source selection, contract award, contract execution including tracking project progress, and program office management activities to support the development of current and future phases of the GPS Mission Ground User Equipment program. Requires the ability to lead or work well with an integrated team and engage and communicate effectively with GPS user stakeholders.
Your deliverable: Customer product requests could include contract execution strategies and technical documentation reviews, critical path schedule analysis to track program progress, architecture road-mapping and execution plans, and external messaging to GPS stakeholders.
- Experience in preparing strategy planning and executing defense contract activities in support of a Government customer.
- M.S. or equivalent experience preferably in a technical field.
- Acquisition and program management experience in support of a defense program.
- Minimum of a DoD Secret clearance