Think you’re Stellar material?
We are always looking for outstanding engineers who want to change the world! Take a look at our current opportunities below and apply online to become part of our elite team. Don’t see the perfect fit? Not to worry, our needs are constantly changing and we still encourage you to fill out our general application.
2020 Summer Internship Program
Thank you for your interest in our Internships! Our 2020 internship application process has completed. Please check back again in early 2021. Each year, Stellar Solutions has summer internship positions available in northern California (Palo Alto area), Colorado (Denver area) and northern Virginia (Washington, DC area).
Change Management Process Engineer
Location: Chantilly, VA
Summary of Role: The Avanti contract if one of Stellar’s prime contracts. Our customers are Chief Architects, Chief Engineers, Chiefs of Support and others. We support the NRO’s Management Services and Operations Directorate. Our focus if on planning for all the infrastructure needed to conduct NRO Operations. Things like: power, space, cooling, re-capitalization, and what the future ground systems should be to meet emerging and evolving Mission requirements.
The Avanti contract has Systems Engineering and integration and Strategic Planning and Integration as it two main concentrations. We have energetic and supportive customers. We are small in number (22 FTE) and have high impact.
Job Description: As a member of the Avanti team the role would entail helping to document facilities requirements and their impacts due to emerging missions. In addition; you would be helping develop better awareness across the Directorates and Offices of facilities needs to accommodate incoming requirements and establishing the process to develop and document requirements for use in budget planning and making critical decisions about where programs will go and what the impacts to existing baselines will be.
Your deliverable: As a Systems Engineer Technical Advisor your role is to augment government staff, make technically sound recommendations, prepare impact statements, write facilities impacting RFCs, and help establish a Change Management process within MS&O.
- Mid-Level – five to ten years of experience in the Intelligence Community, preferably the NRO
- Experience with NRO Systems Engineering processes
- Experience with Risk Process, Engineering Requirements documentation, Request For Change Documentation, Configuration Management Programs
Systems Engineer & Acquisition Professional
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Summary of Role: On March 26, 2019, the Vice President charged NASA with landing the first woman and the next man on the surface of the Moon in 2024 as part of the Artemis Program. In the short time since this announcement, Stellar’s team supporting NASA’s Human Exploration & Operations Mission Directorate has helped take this ambitious challenge and make it a reality by developing agile system acquisition plans, formulating and accelerating solicitations, and charting engineering plans to develop our nation’s future exploration systems as a collaboration between NASA and industry. Key among the capabilities to achieve the goals of the Artemis Program is the Human Landing System (HLS).
Job Description: As a member of our NASA Systems Engineering team you will be working with the Human Landing Systems Program at NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center and be responsible for providing direct support to HLS Program leadership in the areas of systems engineering, acquisition strategy, and technical program management. This includes:
- Space architecture development
- Technical monitoring of HLS contracts
- Financial and risk management
- Program and portfolio management
- Implementation trades and risk reduction activities
- Preparing and presenting at mission/program design reviews
You will advise project management during all phases of project execution on mission critical issues while coordinating system and subsystem level requirements, coordinate and monitor interface agreements and deliverables, and supporting overall verification and commissioning of the HLS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 7 years space systems engineering and integration experience, including acquisition of space systems
- Working knowledge of NASA systems engineering principles and applying NASA space flight program and project management requirements
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of customers, senior leadership, program managers, mission managers, systems engineers and chief engineers
- Applicant should have strong interpersonal skills and be able to achieve results within organizationally diverse teams through influence rather than direction
- Ability to travel up to other NASA centers and supplier locations, up to 1- week per month at times
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- Broad experience in space systems R&D and systems engineering, project and program management, financial management, acquisition and procurement management support, technology risk reduction/development expertise, and expertise development strategic relationships with industry
- General understanding of Systems Engineering fundamentals (including the concept development, systems requirements, implementation, interface management, system integration, and verification).
- Familiarity with the NASA program management fundamentals and mission development processes
Agile Trainer/Coach – Space Systems
Location: El Segundo, CA
Summary of Role: The position provides a unique opportunity to provide Agile readiness advising, training, and coaching to a range of upcoming Space and Missile Systems Center programs at the dawn of the Space Force.
Job Description: Position will support SMC Atlas Corps critical thinking and analysis in a dynamic, high-paced environment responding to SMC senior leadership, supporting a broad range of technical activities and contribute to effective management of the SMC space enterprise. Plan and deliver team-based agile/lean training sessions at Los Angeles AFB, CA to various program office and functional teams, with possibility of travel to Geographically Separated Units. Depending on the program or functional context, the team-level training could include SAFe, scrum, or Kanban, as well as selected technique from Test Driven Development and Extreme Programming.
Work alongside AtlasX staff in preparing and launching agile and lean constructs for their targeted SMC customer teams. Provide support to include teleconference meetings, face-to-face meetings, and reviewing program documentation. Support reviewing SMC program documentation of their assigned customer team and provide comments and recommendations to Government personnel, and provide Agile coaches that reports locally to a site selected by AtlasX Government personnel. Additionally, support agile teleconference meetings and agile face-to-face meetings as required.
Your deliverable: Deliverables could be in the format of a report, software file, briefing, spreadsheet, or other document as directed by the Government, using SMC and/or government approved and/or mandated systems/software and processes governed by guidance/instructions/policy or direction. The nature of this work will, at times, require the A&AS contractor to respond quickly to stringent deadlines and always in a high quality, professional manner.
Develop and incrementally deliver an Agile Roadmap to their assigned team which includes, but not limited to, the following:
- Recommended Agile approach that the Government should use to ensure success of the ongoing customer team efforts
- Recommended Agile training plan, follow-on workshops, and tools
- Recommended approach that would allow the Government to manage multiple simultaneous efforts using multiple tailored Agile methodologies that were tailored for multiple companies
- Recommended path forward
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, mathematics, or relevant field
- Have one or more of the following certifications: Professional Scrum Master, Professional Scrum with Kanban, Certified SAFe Scrum Master, and/or DevSecOps Engineering (DSOE)
- At least 8 years of experience in leading, training, and coaching teams in SAFe methodology, and at least one of the following: Scrum and/or Kanban
- U.S. Citizen with ability to gain Secret Clearance
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Summary of Role: We are looking for a talented Systems Engineer to support a satellite developer for a critical new system. This satellite will support our Nation’s need for security and you’ll be a part of a team building this next generation vehicle.
Job Description: Provide systems engineering support as part of the systems engineering team; responsible for the coordination and monitoring of the evolution of system and subsystem level requirements, the evolution of interfaces between subsystems, the early cross-subsystem deliverables and contributing to the detailed planning of system and subsystem verification. You will also contribute to the detailed planning of system integration and commissioning.
Deliverable: Make a difference providing high impact support towards critical National Security products.
- BS in engineering (e.g., Aerospace, Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, Optical)
- Working knowledge of Remote Sensing processes and customer
- Direct experience authoring and releasing specifications
- DOORS user and architectural experience and proficiency with high level programming/scripting
- Four or more years of professional experience working as a Systems Engineer
- Experience with design integration, preferably on a satellite or payload
- TS/SCI clearance and Special Programs access
Senior Systems Engineer/Site Director
Location: Greenbelt, MD or Washington, DC metro area
Summary of Role: As part of an exciting and inspired team, we are seeking a self-motivated Senior Systems Engineer / Site Director who will be responsible for directing a team of dedicated engineers across a wide range of space projects based at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. In addition to your leadership responsibilities, you’ll be a contributing engineer in end-to-end implementation of significant scientific programs that will be used in the exploration of our solar system.
Job Description: You’ll administratively report to the Vice President for Civil Programs and programmatically to the program systems engineer. Beyond day-to-day technical support, you look after our team in place and manage the development of customer relationships as well as the development of business opportunities in and around NASA Goddard.
Your efforts will include:
- Being a member of the engineering team of a flight or ground systems engineering project performing systems engineering, integration, and/or test at or for NASA or NOAA.
- Tasks focused on performing classical systems engineering functions, such as requirements development, verification & validation, test planning, systems engineering analyses, risk assessments, operations planning, as well as other technical disciplines
- Interacting with other teams to develop and apply systems engineering policies, practices, requirements, plans and schedules and work will be done across a spectrum of disciplines on tasks with government and non-government agencies.
- Managing, directing, and mentoring company staff in the execution of work assignments for federal government contracts. Assist with work leveling and sharing across different projects and client needs.
- Assisting with strategic relationships for on-going satisfaction and with customers and business partners
- Participate in pursuing new business activities with existing customers/partners and new clients that lead to new project opportunities for engineering services and strengthen our positions at NASA and/or NOAA.
- Supporting occasional technical proposals and work with our internal team and/or teaming partners on proposal generation.
- Ensuring the implementation and follow-up strategic goals in order to reach company objectives. Communicating up/down with the company leadership team and technical staff under your direction
One Year Deliverable: Participation in a new NASA/NOAA space program.
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related technical discipline; Master’s or PhD degree in similar disciplines preferred.
- Wide-ranging experience and knowledge in one or more of the following areas: systems engineering, aerospace engineering, project systems engineering, or electrical engineering.
- Demonstrated experience supporting or leading engineers in the development, test, and/or operation of a complex spacecraft, flight system, project system or instrument payload.
- Extensive knowledge of industry and government practices and standards across a range of applications related to system engineering discipline, space mission operations, and NASA missions.
- Proven record of business and client development and/or lead generation.
- Excellent written and verbal communications with a high capacity to work in team-oriented and collaborative manner.
- Must be a self-motivated individual who can work independently and in a team environment.
- Requires occasional availability for domestic travel.
- Secret (and above) security clearance a plus
Dynamics and Controls Analyst
Sector: Commercial Sector
Location: Northern CA/CO or remote (via VPN)
Summary of Role: Seeking an innovative and energetic, experienced Controls Analyst to work on the crucial analysis for developing one-of-a-kind capability for unique space mission applications.
Job Description: Experienced controls analyst; in this role, you will perform Dynamics and Controls analysis and design of attitude control modes. Role will also require someone who can lead, provide technical direction and collaborate with Controls analysts team from design conception through flight implementation/operations. Experience in Earth Observation or Remote Proximity Operations missions is a big plus.
- Extensive practical and theoretical experience in mathematical development and evaluation/analysis of algorithms for precision pointing, guidance and tracking
- Experience with modeling, simulation, system identification and sensitivity analysis of critical parameters which impact performance, including control systems requirements analysis to address critical dynamics and controls issues related to jitter, LOS, slewing and pointing
- Specialization in Controls required with experience in Feedback Control Systems, Digital Control Systems, Dynamics, System ID, Signal processing and/or Non-linear Control Systems, Kalman Filter design is required
- Experience in full cycle of planning, developing, validating/verifying high fidelity simulation with tools in Matlab/Simulink platform
- Additional practical experience with attitude controls operations – orbit raising, in-orbit testing, on-orbit operations or anomaly recovery desired
- Experience with Matlab, Simulink, C programming and simulation tools, with Autocoding experience a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise in state estimation and feedback control synthesis, experience with Kalman Filter design preferred
- Master’s degree or PhD is preferred
Acquisition Specialist for Space Systems
Location: El Segundo, CA
Summary of Role: The position provides a unique opportunity to provide engineering and acquisition support to cutting edge space programs at the Space and Missile Systems Center. Role will provide technical insight to the development of acquisition strategies and technical documentation.
Job Description: Position will support SMC critical thinking and analysis in a dynamic, high-paced environment responding to a broad range of technical activities and contribute to effective management of the SMC space enterprise.
Your deliverable: Deliverables will be in the format of a report, document, comment resolution matrices or other technical support to the strategy and documentation required for developing technical specifications and acquisition strategies for new programs or future increments of existing efforts. Support may include engagement with government and industry partners in the oversight of development efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, or relevant field.
- At least 5 years of experience in engineering or acquisition preferably on DoD space programs
- Initial certification in acquisition professional development
- Top Secret or TS/SCI desired; Secret as a minimum